Tuesday 24 June 2008

Map of the Weird

A few months back I was lucky enough to get to spend some time with Andrew Hudson-Smith from CASA who gave a fascinating talk on the application of web 2.0 tools to mapping and cartography. His blog 'Digital Urban' is well worth checking out.

Anyway, a few hours in Andrew's company was inspiring and set me off playing with Google Maps. Which led to the creation of a'Map of the Weird' for blather.net, the Irish site I write for in my spare time. Then I figured out how to export that into Google Earth. And then how to play it as a tour. And then, I thought to myself, why don't I just... well, you can watch the rest. Press play



Like I explained above, this is a first attempt at seeing what you can do using just Google Earth, an iPod and a screen capture software kit. Now to find an educational application...

No comments: